Boca Grande Community Center Halloween Celebrations ...
On Saturday, Oct. 24 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. the Boca Grande Community Center will be hosting a Ghouls, Ghosts, Goblins and Golf Carts Trunk or Treat Drive-In. It’s a new take on the holiday celebration to keep social distancing and CDC guidelines in effect while still having a great time as a community. Kids, start thinking about what you want to be this year, scary, funny, or creative! The night will start with costume and decorating contests promptly at 6 p.m. There will be five age groups and three categories for the costume contest. Age groups will be under 4, 4 to 8, 9 to 12, 13 and up, and family/group. The categories will be most original (homemade costume), most creative/clever, and best overall costume. Registration for the costume contestwill take place at the Pavilion from 5:30 to 5:50 p.m. Adults get your creative juices flowing to decorate your golf cart or community table. Win prizes and hand out candy. There will be three categories: scariest, most creative, and best overall for the decorating contest. Set up and registration will take place from 5 to 5:50 p.m. Following the contests will be Trunk-Or-Treating! Family/Groups will move from cart/table to cart/table to receive candy one family/group at a time. Gloves will be provided by Lee County and are required for handing out candy. All candy needs to be store bought prepackaged and sealed. At 7 p.m. promptly, the movie will begin. All attendees should be in their designated view spot at this time. Organizers are looking for volunteers to help judge the contests as well as community businesses that would like to set up designated golf carts or tables to decorate and hand out candy. If you would like to volunteer and/or reserve a table or golf cart spot please call or email Khoreen Vetter at 941-964-2564 ext. 2 or KVetter@leegov.com
32nd Annual Pumpkin Fest ... The Festival at the Fruitville Grove Market is a community event with lots of fun for the whole family. The 32nd annual Pumpkin Festival dates are Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 24 and 25 and Saturday, Oct. 31. Festival hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free admission and parking is $5.
Activities include: Food Truck Rally, craft show, live music, kids fun zone (with zip line), pony rides, mini train ride, hay rides, hug-a-goat, petting zoo, enchanted Unicorn Encounter, ButterflyGarden Experience, horse drawn carriage rides, and so much more to do throughout the day! The farm market and pumpkin patch are always open during the week from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. to pick out a pumpkin, fall decorations or grab some local farm fresh produce and snap your annual family photos in the pumpkin patch. Masks will need to be worn while indoors and on the hayride. The Market is located at 7410 Fruitville Rd, Sarasota.
Hunsader Farms 29th Annual Pumpkin Festival ...
The tradition continues ... but slightly different this year ... by visiting the Hunsader Farms 29th Annual Pumpkin Festival, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Per Manatee County, masks are recommended.All information, including shows, at hunsaderfarms.com/pumpkin-festival• Admission $10, children 10 and under free. • Parking $5 Festival dates are Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 24 and 25.Hours of the show are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Pumpkin Festival consists of a craft show, live music, live shows, pumpkins, charitypumpkingames, Pioneer Trades Village, hayrides, pony rides, corn maze $2, scarecrow displays, homemade ice cream, farm roasted sweet corn, food galore, pumpkin pie, rockclimbing wall, power jump, petting zoo, barnyard playground, arm painting, children’s train ride $2, big train ride $3, juggler, fresh produce, butterfly experience, Tricky Dogs Show, zip line.Hunsader Farm is located at 5500 County Road 675 E in Bradenton.
Trunk or Treat Car Show ...
The Florida West Coast Car Club is sponsoring a Trunk or Treat Car Show on Saturday, Oct. 24 from 1 to 4 p.m. at 23111 Harborview Rd, in Punta Gorda. There is $5 donation pervehicle. The car show will have judging, trophies, door prizes, a 50/50 raffle, food, fun & music by Tom’s Traveling Tunes. Bring candy for the kids! For more information about this car show email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (941) 497-4995.
Boca Grande’s Halloween Walk ...
The Boca Grande Area Chamber of Commerce Chamber is excited to announce this year’s Halloween Walk will happen on Friday, Oct. 30 at 4 p.m. in accordance with social distancing guidelines. If you have any questions or want more information, contact Lily at the chamber office at email@example.com or call (941) 964-0568.
Grande Aire’s Halloween drive-thru candy bash ...
A Halloween spooky event hosted by Grande Aire on Friday, Oct. 30 from 3 to 5 p.m. Join Grande Aire Services and several local businesses as they hand out Halloween candy at the “Drive Thru Halloween Candy Bash!” Decorate your vehicle, wear your favorite costumes and celebrate the spooky season in a socially distant fashion.
This event is drive-thru only. Drivers and trick-or-treaters will not be allowed outside of the vehicle during the event. Grande Aire is located is 1606 Faust Dr. in Englewood.
Halloween fun for adults: The Juke Box Assassins
The Juke Box Assassins are going to play their first gig on Saturday, Oct. 31 at The Sandbar on Manasota Key, starting at 1p.m.“Halloween seemed perfect! What better date to come out for a rock band in 2020?” says band guitarist Robert Garcia. The band plays original music and “rocked out” versions of cover songs dating as far back as the forties, and then chronicle the passage of time by playing the hits of every decade thereafter. Come out and enjoy this high energy band. Sing along, dance and enjoy great rock ‘n roll. For more information see: rgsoloact.com or email Wenlock1@hotmail.com
The Tide is in ...
It’s all fun and games at The Tide … opening is today, Friday, Oct. 23. Need a good book? The store has books, games, puzzles, gifts and more! Come see beautiful new backgammon boards! 321 Park Avenue in The Old Theatre Building. Open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (941) 964-2417
Antiques in Arcadia ...
Looking for something vintage, funky or fun? Head to historic Arcadia. The Arcadia Antique Fair is a must for any junkers nearby!The city holds an antique fair on the fourth Saturday (Saturday, Oct. 24) of every month. The street is already lined with antique shops, and the vendors set up out front and in the parking lots. Cost to walk the streets and look for treasures is free! Head there early in the day for the best treasures. Go to West Oak Street in Arcadia for a fun few hours. For more details, see arcadiaflantiques.com/about.html.
Home & Garden Show - Port Charlotte/Punta Gorda ...
Do you have a home improvement project and need some help? Come and visit the home & garden show where local businesses can offer you assistance, advice, services and products for your home. Check out the latest ideas for furnishings, accessories, decorating, landscaping, remodeling and so much more!Free admission & parking! Show dates are Saturday, Oct. 24 and Sunday, Oct. 25, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., both days.This 27th Annual “Fall” Port Charlotte/Punta Gorda home & garden show is being held at the Charlotte Harbor Event & Conference Center, 75 Taylor Street, Punta Gorda.
Halloween Costume Beach Clean Up ...
On Sunday, Oct. 25 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. there will be a costume beach clean-up on Englewood Beach (2100 N Beach Rd, Englewood, FL 34223).Organizers, Green Tide Conservation Team, will be on the left side of the main pavilion! They will provide buckets, reusable gloves, garbage bags, pickers, reusable masks and sanitizer! (All buckets and pickers will be sanitized before hand.) It is recommend that everyone wear a mask if you’re within six feet of anyone. If you don’t have one, one will be provided for you. While you walk the beach you are welcome to take it off if you are comfortable.If you are in need of volunteer hours for school please bring a slip and we will be happy to sign! Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Addams Family Musical ...
Lemon Bay High School Theatre is putting on a production of the Addams Family musical on Friday, Oct 30, Oct. 31, Nov. 1, Nov. 5, Nov. 6, Nov. 7, Nov. 8. Show times vary. In its typical creepy, kooky, mysterious, and spooky fashion, the ghoulish Addams family is visiting the graveyard for an annual gathering of all family members, living dead, and undecided, to celebrate what it is to be an Addams. However, the family encounters an unforeseen obstacle when Wednesday decides to introduce her new “normal” boyfriend Lucas to the family. In protest, Uncle Fester enlists the help of the Addams’ ancestors to call an end to the young budding romance. As Wednesday admits that she is falling in love, Morticia, Gomez and Pugsley worry about her changing ways. As the families of Wednesday and Lucas come together for dinner one fateful evening, chaos ensues and the two families find themselves admitting deep secrets and coming together in ways they never would have imagined. The Addams Family Broadway Musical tells the story of love and friendship through adversity, with a comical and macabre yet poignant spin.Tickets range in price from $13 to $23 and are available at onthestage.com/show/lemon-bay-high-school/the-addams-family-60878/tickets. Lemon Bay High Schools is located at 2201 CR-775 N, in Englewood.
Bert’s Black Widow Harley- Davidson 5th anniversary party ...
All are invited to Bert’s Black Widow Harley-Davidson for a free celebrationto celebrate its 5th Anniversary ... all weekend long! Here’s the schedule of events: Friday, Oct. 30 - Full Throttle Bike Night, 5 to 10 p.m. • Registration 4 to 7 p.m. • Awards 8 p.m. • Bands: The Bearded Brothers (5 to 7 p.m.) •Diary of Ozzman (8 to 10 p.m.) Saturday, Oct. 31 - Halloween • Eating Contest • Costume Contest • 10 Class Bike Show (Registration from noon to 3 p.m.) • ALL awards at 4 p.m. • Bands: noon to 4 p.m. (Thunder Beach Band and Diary of Ozzman) Sunday, Nov. 1 • DYNO PULLS from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. • Most Horse Power, Torque • Awards at 3:30 p.m. • Live Bands All weekend: Twisted Fork Open Bert’s Black Widow is located 2224 El Jobean Road, Port Charlotte.
3rd Annual Lemon Bay Athletics Golf Scramble ...
Attention golfers! You are invited to play golf and support the student athletics department at Lemon Bay High School. The tournament will take place on Saturday, Oct. 31 at the Hills Golf Course at Rotonda Golf & Country Club. Cost is $75/person or $300 per foursome. Hole sponsorship opportunities are available for $100. For information and to register your team contact Ryan at (941) 474-7702 ext. 3015 or email email@example.com.
History & Heritage: Theodore Roosevelt & The Rough Riders, Clay Risen ...
Friends of the Boca Grande Community Center are delighted to present this livestream event on Wednesday, Nov. 11 at 4:30 p.m. by speaker Clay Risen. When America declared war on Spain in 1898, the U.S. Army had just 26,000 men, spread around the country. In desperation, the Rough Riders were born. A unique group of volunteers, ranging from Ivy League athletes to Arizona cowboys and led by Theodore Roosevelt, they helped secure victory in Cuba in a series of gripping, bloody fights across the island. As Clay Risen’s new book, The Crowded Hour, reveals, it was a turning point for America as well, uniting the country and ushering in a new era of global power. General admission to the livestream event is $35. Call the Friends office to purchase tickets at (941) 964-0827, or visit friendsofbocagrande.org. An in-person event format may be added.
DINING - WHATS OPEN
• Bella Vida is open Tuesday through Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Located in the Railroad Plaza. (941) 855-9534.
• Hudson’s Grocery 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Masks are required inside. Curbside delivery is also available. (941) 964-2621.
• Inn Bakery is open daily from 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. (941) 855-9170.
• Kappy’s Market isopen daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., located on the north end of the island, features groceries, beverages, ice cream, grab and go sandwiches, prepared salads and much more! 5800 Gasparilla Rd. (941) 964-2506.
• Loose Caboose is open daily for breakfast from 8 to 10:30 a.m. and will be serving lunch from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (941) 964-0440.
• Miller’s Dockside Daily dining hours 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., the bar is open until 11p.m. on weekdays (Sunday-Thursday) and until midnight on Friday & Saturday.
• Outlet at the Innlet is open daily from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. For pick-up orders call (941) 964-2246.
• Pink Elephant is open for lunch on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dinner will be available Wednesday through Sunday from 5 to 9 p.m. (941) 964-4540.
• Pink Pony is open daily from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. (941) 964-0109.
• Scarpa’s Coastal is open Tuesday through Saturday from 5 to 9 p.m. Call (941) 964-0806 for a dinner reservation or to place your order.
• Sister’s Restaurant is open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. closed on Sunday. (941) 964-2002.
• South Beach Bar & Grille is open daily from 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. (941) 964-0765.
• Temptation is open for lunch and dinner Monday through Saturday, closed on Sundays. Call (941) 964-2610.
• Tortuga Mexican Street Cuisine is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (941) 964-0109.
RETAIL - WHATS OPEN
• Ariel LTD - Masks must be worn while shopping. Summer hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Saturday. 444 4th St. (941) 964-0480
• Barbara Anne’s Jewelry - Open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. 410 Park Ave. (941) 964-1776
• Barnichol Hardware - Open Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Sunday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. 380 E. Railroad Ave. (941) 964-2570
• Boca Blooms - Open Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. 411 Palm Ave. (941) 964-1111
• Boca Grande Marina - 220 Harbor Drive. Open daily for gas from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dockmaster’s office (941) 964-2100
• Boca Grande Outfitters - Open daily from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. 375 Park Ave. (941) 964-2445
• Boca Grande Trading Company - Open Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., or by appointment. 480 E. Railroad Ave. (941) 964-0284
• Courtyard Hair - Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday by appointment. 5800 Gasparilla Rd. (941) 964-2243
• Fugate’s - Open daily from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. 428 4th St W. (941) 964-2323
• Gasparilla Adventures - Open daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. 321 Park Ave. (941) 964-0711
• Island Dog Boutique & Supply Company- Open Thursday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. 480 E. Railroad Ave. (941) 964-9663
• J.McLaughlin - Come and see the new September collection with exotic prints and modern paisley. Hours are from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.,Tues - Sat and on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. 360 Park Ave. (941) 855-9163
• James Griffith Salon - Hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Wednesday through Friday, by appointment only. 451 Gilchrist Ave. (941) 964-4557
• Kappy’s Market - Open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. 5800 Gasparilla Rd. (941) 964-2506
• Made to Inspire - Open by appointment only. 321 Park Ave. (239) 250-2094
• Palm on Park- Hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Saturday. 444 4th St. (941) 964-4448
• Special Effects/Gasparilla Outfitters - Hours are Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 4 p.m. 431 Park Ave.(941) 964-0907
• Sun Porch - Opening for the season on Friday, Oct. 2. Come on in for Fall sales. There will be $25 sale racks. Located in Railroad Plaza. (941) 964-2567
• Uncle Henry’s Marina - Dockmaster’s office hours Monday through Wednesday are from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Thursday through Sunday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. 5820 Gasparilla Road. (941) 964-0154
• Whidden’s Marina - Open daily from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. 190 E. 1st St. (941) 964-2878